- This course closed on 10/28/2023.
Laparoscopic surgery has almost completely replaced the traditional open surgery. Laparoscopy surgery has evolved over the years and the pioneers have laid down the solid foundations of learning the skills based on three pillars of laparoscopic surgery viz Ergonomics, Task Analysis and Engineering, Like any skill based profession the learning curve of laparoscopic surgery is also long.
These skills can only be learnt in Skills Development Centers by doing hands on training .
The Theoretical knowledge which is equally important can be
acquired both by offline and online mode.
This online course has been created by the pioneers and experienced faculty of laparoscopy surgery.
This course will help you to implement comprehensive management practices to improve the laparoscopy surgical out come.
This course will help you to integrate theory with practical inputs of minimal access surgery to safely manage the patients. You will be equipped with the skills to cultivate and sustain lasting improvement in professional satisfaction and achieve growth.
At the end of the course, you will be able to
- Understand the difference between laparoscopic surgery, NOTES, SILS, HALS, Robotic Surgery and Virtual Reality Surgery
- Learn the three pillars of performing laparoscopy surgery viz, Ergonomics, Task Analysis and Engineering.
- Comprehend the laparoscopic instruments design, their maintenance and sterilization
- Safe Laparoscopic dissection techniques using Radio frequency energy sources with mono-polar and bipolar current.
- Under stand the working principals of advanced energy source Like Harmonic, Ligasure, Thunderbeat and Lasers
- Learn the various access techniques and why CO2 is used for insufflation
- Learn the importance of monitoring of the ETCO2 and concept of Strategic Rest Break
- You will be able to understand the working of CO2 insufflator and safe setting of preset pressure and preset flow rate of CO2 to avoid the life threatening complications
- You will learn how to get HD images and features of advanced imaging modalities like ultra HD &4K resolution system
- Difference between 2D/3D laparoscopy
- You will learn proper Port Placement to avoid risky and stressful Laparoscopy Surgery
- Learn how to prevent mistakes and errors in Laparoscopy Surgery
- In addition there will be online examination and Zoom meeting for doubt clearing session every week
We wish you the best in this learning journey
- Enrollment in this course closed on 10/09/2023.
Start date: Monday, November 6, 2023
End date: Saturday, November 25, 2023
Program Access Until: Saturday, November 25, 2023
For assistance, you can reach out to the Programme support team at email@example.com You may expect a response within 24-48 hours – Monday to Saturday
Intellectual Property (IP) Policy
Disclaimer: Course materials are the intellectual property of Sehgal Minimal Access Surgery Training Institute, Recording, transcribing, sharing or distributing course materials in any manner is expressly prohibited. Your ability to access all of the course materials in a comfortable manner is extremely important to us. We are always open to learning about your ideas and are available to you if you are having difficulty accessing the course materials. In such instance, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance
External Weblinks Policy
Disclaimer: The external weblinks and content thereunder are the properties of third parties and SMASTI does not own, control or has any rights over such websites or the content thereof. SMASTI does not represent, warrant, or assure, and none shall be implied, that the information provided in these weblinks is accurate, true, or complete. The weblinks are provided only for the convenience of the learner and do not endorse any content, study, promise or opinion expressed thereunder. Learners must not rely or act upon the basis of these web links only, and must verify the information and decide independently. SMASTI disclaims all responsibility and liability (whether by statute or otherwise), direct or indirect, for any matter related to these weblinks including but not limited to the source or veracity of the content or information, in any manner.