M.B.B.S., M.S. (OBS & Gynae), D.G.E. (Kiel, Germany), A.R.T. (Crest, Singapore) Gynaecology, Obstetrics and Infertility Course Director & Head of Dept. Obstetrics, Gynecology and Infertility
Dr. Alka Jain is a distinguished professional with over three decades of invaluable experience in the realm of Minimal Invasive Surgery. She currently holds the position of Head of the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Laparoscopic Gynecology Surgery at Sehgal Neo Hospital.
Dr. Jain’s extensive surgical expertise encompasses a remarkable portfolio of more than 25,000 gynecological surgeries. Her focus lies prominently on intricate procedures such as Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, Laparoscopic Myomectomy, Laparoscopic Ectopic Pregnancy interventions, and Hysteroscopic procedures.
Apart from her clinical excellence, Dr. Jain’s passion for teaching and training is evident through her rich involvement in numerous Surgical Conferences and workshops, both within India and abroad. She has not only actively participated in these events but has also taken the lead in orchestrating various Gynecological Conferences and Live workshops specializing in Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy. Her commitment to medical education extends to her role as a certified FOGSI trainer for Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy, where she consistently conducts accredited training courses in these domains.
- MBBS (1985) from Sardar Patel Medical College, Bikaner, Rajasthan
- MS (Obs & Gynae) (1988) from Sardar Patel Medical College, Bikaner, Rajasthan
- Diploma in Gynae Endoscopy (2012) from Kiel Germany.
- Fellowship in Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) (2013) from CREST, Singapore
- Course Director, Sehgal Minimal Access Surgery Training Institute (SMASTI), Meera Bagh, New Delhi since June 2021
- Head of Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Lap. Gynae Surgery at Sehgal Neo Hospital, New Delhi since February 1994 till date
- Consultant Gynecologist, Ministry of Health, Saudi Arabia from Janaury 1993 to January, 1994
- Senior Resident, Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, New Delhi from October 1990 to December 1992
- Senior Resident, St Stephens Hospital, New Delhi from November 1988 to September 1990
- Presented “Interesting Case of Acute Abdomen in a young female” in DGES (Annual Conference) & IAGE (NZ) in 2017
- Presented “Incidence of Hemorrhagic Ovarian Cyst on the rise” in DGES (Annual Conference) & IAGE(NZ) in 2017
- Presented “ICG in Ureteric Delineation” in DGES (Annual Conference)-ESGE in 2018
- Presented “Bladder Dissection in Simple and Difficult TLH” in DGES (Annual Conference) & IAGE (NZ) in 2019
- Delhi Medical Council (DMC)
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Federation of Obstetric and Gynaecological Societies of India (FOGS!)
- The Association of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists of Delhi (AOGD)
- Indian Fertility Society (IFS)
- National Association for Reproductive & Child Health Care of India (NARCHI)
- Delhi Gynaecological Endoscopists’ Society (DGES)
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome Society
- IMS (Indian Menopausal Society)
- Delhi Gynae Forum (DGF)
- North India Gynae Forum (NIGF)